Consumers want to prevent becoming identity theft victims. They want comprehensive protection of their finances, their personal information and their good names, but they don’t get that with credit monitoring.
Here’s how credit monitoring works: The service provider watches action on the customer’s credit cards and credit report. If they see unusual activity–a sudden rash of new credit cards or new credit card charges in New Jersey for a customer in New Mexico—they contact the customer to let them know someone is New Jersey has stolen their identity.
Credit monitoring services sound the alarm after the thief has obtained and used the customer’s credit information.
At LifeLock, they know all about how identity thieves work, and they employ a comprehensive variety of tools to stop them.
- Fraud alerts: Once the fraud alert is in place, the consumer is notified anytime their information is used to obtain new credit.
- Cutting off the types of mail thieves look for: LifeLock will work with marketing associations to take the customer’s name off their lists. No more junk mail, and no more pre-approved credit offers for thieves to steal.
- WalletLock™: Lost and stolen wallets are still the most common source of information for thieves. When it happens to LifeLock customers, Wallet Lock™ helps them cancel and replace all official documents, credit cards and checks before thieves can use them.
- TrueAddress™: A common ploy used by thieves is the diversion of mail to a new address. If an address change is ever submitted for a customer’s address, the customer will be notified immediately.
- eRecon™: Identity thieves buy, sell and trade their victims’ information on the Internet. eRecon monitors all known websites used for those transactions. If a customer’s name, birth date, address, SSN, driver’s license or account numbers are detected, the customer is immediately notified, and a customer service representative helps them cancel and replace documents and works with law enforcement to catch the criminals and close down the website.
LifeLock protection is comprehensive, complete and reliable. Credit monitoring is incomplete, ineffective and unreliable.
Visit LifeLock.com to learn more about their many innovative and exclusive identity theft protection tools. If you decide you’re ready for complete protection of your credit and your good name, enroll using the LifeLock promotional code Defense and get the lowest price available.